From the Principal
Dear Families of the 5-6 Academy for Excellence,
Spring is here, and everyone is busy with sports, concerts, and end-of-year planning. To keep current with your child’s progress, please utilize Home Access, there is information about this on the website.
There are many things coming up on the calendar, so please communicate with your child and refer to the district calendar for important dates, such as concerts, PTA meetings and days off. Please check our Digital Backpack to see upcoming events and fundraisers. http://www.bmsacad56.nanuetsd.org/digital_backpack
As a reminder, all visitors to Barr must enter through the front of the building, sign in with the security guard and provide photo identification. For your convenience we have designated “visitor” parking spaces in the front parking lot.
To ensure the safety of all of our students, we ask that you make note of the following guidelines for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up:
- Please continue to drop students off on the east side of the building.
- Please pull all the way up to the front of the drop-off zone to allow as many students to exit their cars simultaneously as possible.
- Whenever possible, have your child exit your car on the left side so that he/she does not step into oncoming traffic.
- Please do not drop off your child on Church Street or in the library parking lot. In both cases they will have to cross over a busy street.
- Please do not attempt to enter the middle school drop-off area from Church Street.
This entrance is marked “do not enter." Instead, use the high school entrance located further north on Church Street.
- Upon drop-off, students should walk along the platform in the front of the building to enter through the lobby.
- The main lobby entrance will be the single point of entry for all students and visitors throughout the school day.
- If you need to pick up your child during the school day, you must do so in the Attendance office.
- If you are picking up your child after school, please pick them up behind the Barr.
- You must access the rear lot through the high school entrance.
Please drive slowly for everyone’s safety. Thank you for your cooperation.
Now that the weather is nice, it is a great time to take your books outside. The library has many choices to meet your interest needs, and as a reference for your favorite sport or other outdoor activity, you can also search specific topics through KidBiz.
Your continued support as a partner in your child’s education is critical to their success. It is your interest in their homework, your kind words when they feel frustrated, and your ongoing communication with teachers that make a difference.
Let’s keep the positive energy together,
NYS Science Exam Grades 4 & 8 (performance)Nanuet Union Free School District
HS: Spring Concert
@ HS AuditoriumNanuet Union Free School District
Memorial DayNanuet Union Free School District